The Anadarko Community Library provides the public use of the Hollytex Community Room. Community groups are encouraged to use the meeting room facilities at the Anadarko Community Library for educational, cultural, and civic purposes.
Please note, the room is never booked for more than three (3) months in advance.
Hollytex Community Room Policy
How to Request a Room Reservation
Fax, email, or deliver completed and signed application to:
Fax: (405) 247-4894 Fax
Anadarko Community Library
215 West Broadway
Anadarko, Oklahoma 73005
Check or Money Order for fees and charges must be mailed or hand delivered, before application can be processed for approval.
What is the room capacity of the Hollytex Community Room?
The room capacity is limited by City of Anadarko Fire Safety Code to:
- Seventy-five (75) people without tables
- With the use of one (1) table or more, the capacity is limited to fifty (50) people
Hollytex Community Room Policy
The Hollytex Community room may be booked by individuals twenty-one (21) years of age or older, by groups or by organizations. Community groups are encouraged to use the meeting room facilities at the Anadarko Community Library for educational, cultural, and civic purposes. The library will not accept reservations for Religious, Political, or Social Groups. All reservations are reviewed and approved at the discretion of the Library director. The meeting room is not available after 9:00 P.M., Sunday, or holidays.
Community Room Use
- Activities for minors must be sponsored by at least one (1) person over twenty-one (21) years of age.
- The use of the facilities by an organization does not necessarily constitute an endorsement of that organization’s policies or beliefs.
- Smoking, the use of tobacco / Marijuana, or the use of alcoholic beverages is not allowed anywhere in the library or in its meeting rooms.
- The renter is responsible for setting up the room to meet their needs and are responsible for ensuring reasonable order by group members or others attending the meeting.
- Simple decorations may be set up in the room for a meeting or exhibit, but no decorations may be hung which will damage the walls, floors or ceilings such as tape, and or thumb tacks. Any decorations or exhibits must be removed by the group using them.
- Activities involving more than normal wear and tear on the community room or contents should be avoided.
- The library reserves the right, for adequate reasons, to revoke the permission to use the meeting room.
- The renter is responsible for exercising reasonable care in the use of refreshments, the care of the facility, and the disposal of food and
- The repair and replacement of furniture or equipment becomes the responsibility of the sponsoring group.
- The renter is responsible for maintaining the room in a clean and orderly manner and for returning tables and chairs to their original arrangements.
HolyTex Community Room Scheduling
- When planning your meeting/activity, scheduling needs to allow time for cleaning and vacating the premises within your designated rental time.
- The person renting the room may have access to the room no earlier than fifteen (15) minutes prior to their agreed start time as the room is available and must take access of the room no later than fifteen (15) minutes after the agreed start time. Failure to take access of the room will result in default to the agreed contract and no refunds will be given.
- Library programs and related activities are given priority, should scheduling conflicts arise.
- No library program will be planned for a reserved time after a reservation has been confirmed by the staff.
- The library will not accept reservations for a series of meetings which would designate the library as their regular meeting place for an organization, except groups specifically sponsored or organized by the library.
- Groups may reserve the library meeting rooms for one (1) meeting at a time for up to six (6) months in advance.
- Multiple meetings may be scheduled only at the discretion of the Library Director.
- Requests for the use of the facilities should be made with the staff, Monday through Saturday during regular library hours.
Community Room Fees and Charges
All fees are collected for use of the community room whether business or private use. No exceptions will be made. All fees must be paid at time of reservation to secure time and date.
- Cancellations must be made 72-hours in advance for a refund. Cancelations not made within 72-hours in advance of the scheduled event will not be refunded.
- The event will not be put on the library’s calendar unless this fee is paid nor will the date be held.
- A $25.00 refundable cleaning deposit will be charged on all reservations.
- All refunds will be mailed to the customer by the City of Anadarko if the room and/or equipment is left clean and not damaged within 7 business days.
- The library community room is free to use during library hours with the exception of private parties, such as birthday parties or baby showers.
- The full rate will be charged if the time frame overlaps regular business hours.
- A $50.00 use fee – (up to 4 hours) will be collected for all events held after library hours.
- A $100.00 use fee – (up to 8 hours) will be charged for all events held after library hours.
- A copy of the signed reservation form, with policy on the back will be provided to the customer.
Community Room & Library Equipment Use
- Library equipment may be checked out for your meeting by signing the appropriate reservation form when scheduling the meeting.
- All equipment will be returned to its designated place after the meeting.
- The party checking out Library equipment agrees and understands that they will be responsible for the replacement cost of any item that is lost, stolen, or damaged.